Last Updated: December 4, 2018
In this Privacy Notice (“Notice”), Terran Orbital Corporation and our subsidiaries and affiliates (“Company, “We”, “Us”), explain how we collect, use, and share personal data in the general course of our business including through our website at tyvak.eu and our other corporate websites that link to this Notice (collectively, our “Website”).
If you have any questions regarding this Notice, you may email us at the email address listed in the section below entitled “How to Contact Us.“
TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
We generally collect contact information (such as a person’s name, company or employer name, email address, mailing address, and phone number). This contact information is typically work contact information as we offer and provide our goods and services to businesses, not to individuals. We may also request and collect other information such as general information about a company’s potential needs as they relate to the goods and services we provide.
We also collect technical data automatically when you visit our Website such as your IP address, browser type and version, operating system, information about your activity on the Website including the date and time you access the Website and similar web server log information, as well as your indicated preferences in using our Website. Some of this information could be used to identify you or be associated with you.
THE PURPOSE OF OUR COLLECTION AND PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
We use your personal data to operate our business including to directly market our offerings to you. Here are more specific examples of how we use your personal data:
- To respond to and process your specific inquiries and requests;
- To help deliver information about our goods and services to our customers and prospective customers;
- To explore, negotiate, and perform agreements and transactions with you and businesses with which you are associated;
- To administer, protect, operate, and maintain the Website and our systems and networks;
- To identify, evaluate, recruit, and hire candidate employees and independent contractors;
- To compile aggregated statistics about usage of the Website, to better understand the preferences of Website visitors, and to improve our Website;
- To help personalize the experience on our Website and tailor it to your device and browsing software;
- To analyze, develop, and improve our goods and services and to create new ones;
- To perform accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation, collection, and similar administrative activities;
- To prevent, detect, identify, investigate, respond to, and protect against potential or actual claims, liabilities, prohibited behavior, and criminal activity;
- To comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, agreements, and policies; and
- To perform other activities consistent with this Notice.
LEGAL BASES FOR PROCESSING YOUR INFORMATION
We only process your personal data where we have an applicable legal basis for doing so. Our legal basis will depend on the personal data concerned, the specific context in which we collect it, and the purposes for which it is used. However, we will normally collect and use your personal data only where we have your consent to do so (typically in order to send you marketing communications), where we require the personal data to create or perform a contract with you or a company with which you are associated, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms (for most of our activities not covered by consent or creation or performance of a contract). In some very rare cases, we may also have a legal basis to collect or use your personal data to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
If you have specific questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal data, please contact us using the data provided in the section below entitled “How to Contact Us.“
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA
- We collect information that you give us. Typically, this is contact information for you and your company or employer that we collect directly from you, such as when you request information about our offerings via our Website or at a trade show, or provide us your contact information as a billing or vendor contact. In such instances, you generally decide how much information to share with us, but not providing this information may prevent us from fulfilling your request or otherwise performing activities for which the information is collected.
- We collect information automatically. By visiting and interacting with our Website, we collect certain technical data by automated means such as your IP address, browser type and version, operating system, information about your activity on the Website, the date and time you access the Website, and your indicated preferences in using our Website.
- Information from other sources: We may obtain information about you from other sources. For example, your employer may provide us with your contact information as your employer’s billing contact.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We do not sell or rent your personal data, nor do we share it with unaffiliated third parties for their own marketing use. Generally, we share personal data to facilitate the operation of our business including the marketing and promotion of our goods and services, to facilitate changes to or transfers of our business, as required by law, or with your consent.
Here are some examples of how we share personal data:
- Within our group of affiliated companies (e.g. parent, subsidiaries) consistent with this Notice.
- With our contracted providers who perform services for us such as cloud infrastructure, data storage, communications, and technical services, marketing and relations management services, investigations and accounting services, customer support, and bill collection services. Such providers are obligated to only use the information as necessary to provide the contracted services to us.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary and appropriate to prevent physical, financial, or other harm, injury, or loss, including to protect against fraud or credit risk.
- With legal, governmental, or judicial authorities, as instructed or required by those authorities or applicable laws, or in relation to a legal activity, such as in response to a subpoena or investigating suspected illicit activity. We reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies activities that we in good faith believe to be illegal.
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, an acquisition, merger, asset sale, or other similar business transfer that involves substantially all of our assets or functions where personal information is transferred or shared as part of the business assets (provided that such party agrees to use such personal information in a manner that is consistent with this Notice).
Here are the types of cookies you may encounter in using our Website:
Strictly Necessary – these are required by our website to perform certain functions such as allowing you to log in to an account;
Functional – these help to improve your experience by doing things like remembering certain preferences you have set; and
Analytic – these are used to analyze, in an aggregated manner, the way our Website is used so that we can improve the Website and our offerings. We use Google Analytics for this purpose.
Most Internet browser settings will allow you to accept, reject, delete and otherwise manage cookies. You can find more information about this at www.allaboutcookies.org. Many browsers also allow you to avoid receiving cookies by browsing using the browser’s anonymous usage setting. Blocking our strictly necessary cookies will prevent certain functions of our website from working properly or at all. In addition to managing Google Analytics by managing its cookies, you can deactivate Google Analytics by using a browser plug-in found here.
California – Do Not Track Disclosure: Our Website does not respond to Do Not Track signals. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed above (e.g., by disabling cookies). For more information about Do Not Track signals, please click here.
We maintain reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect your personal data from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
RIGHTS IN PERSONAL DATA
You may have the following rights and choices regarding our processing of your personal data:
- Right to access personal information: You may have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether we are processing your personal data and if so, to be provided a copy of your personal data that we process.
- Right to data portability: In certain instances, you may have the right to receive the personal data we provide pursuant to an access request in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to have us transmit that personal data to another controller.
- Right to correct personal data: You may have the right to correct any inaccurate personal data about you that we process.
- Right to erasure: In certain instances, such as when the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected, you may have the right to have your personal data deleted.
- Right to restrict processing of your data: You may have the right to require that we suspend processing of your personal data (other than storing it) in certain instances, typically pending resolution of a dispute regarding the processing of your data.
- Right to object to processing: Where we rely on certain legal bases for processing your personal data, you may have the right to object to the processing.
- Withdrawal of consent: Where we rely on your consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data, you may withdraw that consent at any time.
- File a complaint: You may have the right to lodge a complaint about our processing of your personal data with a supervisory (enforcement) authority in the European Economic Area.
To inquire about or exercise your rights in your personal data, you may contact us at the information provided in the section below entitled “How to Contact Us.“
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will retain your personal data for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Notice unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law, for legal, tax or regulatory reasons, or other legitimate and lawful business purposes.
We are headquartered in the United States and have corporate affiliates and service providers in and outside the United States. As such, we and our affiliates and service providers may transfer your personal data to, or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We take steps to ensure that your personal data receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we and our affiliates and service providers process it.
Our goods and services and Website are not intended for or directed to children under the age of 18 and we do not knowingly collect information from children. If you believe we have collected information of a child, you can notify us at the information below.
This Notice does not apply to, nor are we responsible for, the privacy, information or other practices of any third parties, including any third party operating any site or service to which the Website links. The inclusion of a link on the Website does not imply our endorsement of the linked site or service.
HOW TO CONTACT US
You may contact us about matters pertaining to this Notice at the following:
By Email: email@example.com
By Mail: Terran Orbital Corporation
Attn: LEGAL DEPT.
15330 Barranca Parkway
Irvine, CA 92618
We reserve the right to change, modify, add or remove portions of this Notice from time to time and in our sole discretion, but will alert you that changes have been made by indicating on this Notice the date it was last updated. When you visit this Website or provide us your personal data under circumstances covered by this Notice, you are accepting the current version of this Notice as posted on the Website at that time. We recommend that you revisit this Notice on occasion to learn of any changes.
Terran Orbital Corporation Website User Agreement and Disclaimers
Please read the following terms and conditions carefully before using this Website or any of our other Websites. By accessing or using our sites, you agree to the following terms and conditions. You should review these terms and conditions regularly as they may change at any time at our sole discretion. If you do not agree to any term or condition, you should not access or otherwise use our sites. The following terms and conditions apply to all of our Websites, including any Websites owned, operated or sponsored by any of our subsidiaries or affiliates. Together with our subsidiaries and affiliates, we may be referred to herein as the “Company.” “Content” refers to any materials, documents, images, graphics, logos, design, audio, video and any other information provided from or on our Websites.
- We Provide Our Website for Your Convenience Only
Our Website is provided to you without charge as a convenience and for your information only. By merely providing access to our Website content, we do not warrant or represent that:
- the content is accurate or complete;
- the content is up-to-date or current;
- we have a duty to update any content;
- the content is free from technical inaccuracies or typographical errors;
- the content is free from changes caused by third party; and
- your access to our Website will be free from interruptions, errors, computer viruses or other harmful components.
We do not assume any liability for these matters. In other words, you use our Web site at your own risk. Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall we be liable for any direct or indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages. This includes loss of data or profit arising out of the use or the inability to use the content of this Website, even if one of our representatives has been advised of the possibility of your damages. If your use of our Website results in your need to service, repair or correct equipment or data, you assume the costs to the extent the law allows. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages. In such jurisdictions, our liability is limited to the greatest extent permitted by law.
- We Provide Our Website “As Is” and Disclaim All Warranties
Our Website content is provided “as is” and without warranties of any kind, either express or implied. We disclaim all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for any particular purpose, or non-infringement.
- We Do Not Have Responsibility for Links to Third–Party Content
We may provide hyperlinks or pointers to other Websites maintained by third parties or may provide third–party content on our Website by framing or other methods. The links to third party Websites are provided for your convenience and information only. The content in any linked Websites is not under our control so we are not responsible for the content, including any further links in a third-party site. If you decide to access any of the third-party sites linked to our Website, you do this entirely at your own risk. It is up to you to take precautions to ensure that the third party you link to for your use is free of computer viruses, worms, trojan horses and other items of a destructive nature.
- If We Provide a Link, We Do Not Necessarily Endorse A Third Party
We reserve the right to terminate a link to a third-party Website at any time. The fact that we provide a link to a third-party Website does not mean that we endorse, authorize or sponsor that Website. It also does not mean that we are affiliated with the third-party Website’s owners or sponsors.
- If a Third Party Links to Our Website, It is Not An Endorsement
If a third party links to our Website, it is not necessarily an indication of an endorsement, authorization, sponsorship, affiliation, joint venture or partnership by or with us. In most cases, we are not aware that a third party has linked to our Website.
A Website that links to our Website:
- May link to, but not replicate, our content;
- Should not create a browser, border environment or frame our content;
- Should not imply that we are endorsing it or its products;
- Should not misrepresent its relationship with us;
- Should not present false information about our products or services; and
- Should not contain content that could be construed as distasteful, offensive or controversial, and should contain only content that is appropriate for all age groups.
- If You Transmit or Provide Data to Us, It is Non-Confidential
We do not want to receive confidential or proprietary information from you through our Website. If you transmit to or post on our Website any material, data, information or idea by any means, it will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary and may be disseminated or used by us for any purpose. Personal data provided to us will be handled in accordance with our policies regarding privacy.
You are not authorized to post on or transmit to or from our Website any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane material, or any other content that could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under the law.
- Your Use of Our Website is Restricted
Copyright © 2014-2018 Tyvak Nano-Satellite Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Copyright © 2014-2018 Terran Orbital Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
Our Website and its content are owned and operated by us. The text, images, graphics, sound files, animation files, video files, and their arrangement on our Website is all subject to copyright and other intellectual property protection.
Our Website’s content is copyrighted and protected by U.S. and worldwide copyright laws and treaty provisions. In addition, our Website content is protected by trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes.
No content from www.tyvak.eu, or any other Website owned, operated, licensed or controlled by us may be copied, reproduced, republished, modified, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. You also may not, without our permission, “mirror” any material contained on our Website on any other server. The sole exceptions to these restrictions are:
- You obtain written permission from us to waive these restrictions; or
- You may download one copy of the content on a single computer for informational, non-commercial and personal use only, provided you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices and do not modify, and will not copy or post, the content on any network computer or broadcast in any media.
Violation of these restrictions will be a violation of one or more laws and is expressly prohibited by law. If you violate these restrictions, you may be subject to civil and criminal penalties. If we grant you permission to waive these restrictions, the permission terminates automatically if you breach any of these terms or conditions. Upon termination, you must immediately destroy any downloaded materials and printed materials.
The following is a non-exclusive list of registered trademarks, registered service marks, or trademarks or service marks of the Company, in the United States and/or other countries or jurisdictions:
Terran Orbital Corporation; Terran Orbital; Tyvak; Tyvak Nano-Satellite Systems; Tyvak Nano-Satellite Systems Inc.; Tyvak Nano-Satellite Systems LLC; Agile Space
The configuration and design of the satellites featured on our Website may also be protected by registered patents and/or trademarks of the Company.
To the extent a name, logo or design does not appear on the above list, such lack of appearance does not constitute a waiver of any intellectual property rights that the Company has established in its product or service names or logos, or in product configurations or designs, all of which rights are expressly reserved.
- By Providing Content, We Do Not Allow You to Use Our Trademarks
The trademarks, service marks and logos of the Company used and displayed on our Website are our registered and unregistered trademarks. Nothing on this Website should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any of our trademarks without our written permission. Requests to use trademarks owned by other companies which may be mentioned on this Website should be directed to such other companies. We aggressively enforce our intellectual property rights. The name of the Company or our logos may not be used in any way, including in advertising or publicity pertaining to distribution of materials on our Website, without prior written permission. You are not authorized to use our logo as a hyperlink to our Website unless you obtain our written permission in advance.
- You Must Obey Local Laws in Accessing Our Web Site
This site is controlled by us from our offices within the United States of America. We make no representation that content or materials in the site are appropriate or available for use in other jurisdictions. Access to our Website content or materials from jurisdictions where such access is illegal or prohibited. If you choose to access this site from other jurisdictions, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. We are not responsible for any law violations. You may not use or export the materials in this site in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. Any claims relating to our Website and its content and materials shall be governed by the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of laws. You agree that any legal action or proceeding between us for any purpose concerning this Agreement or the parties’ obligations shall be brought exclusively in a federal or state court in California.
- You are Bound by Changes in this Agreement’s Terms and Conditions
We may at any time revise these terms and conditions by updating this posting. By using our Website, you agree to be bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to determine the then current Tyvak Nano-Satellite Systems, Inc. WebSite User Agreement and Disclaimers to which you are bound. Certain provisions of these terms and conditions may be superseded by other legal notices or terms located on parts of our Website. In the event of a conflict between the terms and conditions of this Agreement and the terms and conditions of any other written agreement between Tyvak Nano-Satellite Systems, Inc. and its customers or vendors, the express terms and conditions of the latter agreement shall prevail.
- You Agree to Indemnify Us for Using OurWebSite
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Tyvak Nano-Satellite Systems, Inc., its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, suppliers and any third-party information providers to us from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from any violation of this Agreement by you.
- Third Parties May Have Rights Under This Agreement
Some of the provisions of this Agreement are for the benefit of Tyvak Nano-Satellite Systems, Inc. and its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, and suppliers. Each of these individuals or entities shall have the right to assert and enforce those provisions directly against you on its own behalf.
- How This Agreement May Be Terminated
This Agreement may be terminated by either party without notice at any time for any reason; provided that you may no longer use our Website after you have terminated this Agreement. Provisions which by their nature are to survive this Agreement, including, but not limited to, Sections 2, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, and 12 of this Agreement, shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
Our failure to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right. Neither the course of conduct between the parties nor trade practice shall act to modify any provision of this Agreement. We may assign our rights and duties under this Agreement to any party at any time without notice to you.